Diane M. Danis, M.D., M.P.H.
Dr. Danis is a medical doctor trained as a general Pediatrician, with over 20 years of experience caring for children. She has additional specialty training and experience in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, and has devoted the last fifteen years of her practice to working with children with a variety of special needs. She provides diagnostic evaluations, counseling and treatment for children and their families with a range of developmental and behavioral difficulties.
Some of the problems that Dr. Danis can help with include:
- Diagnosis, treatment planning, and medical treatment for autism spectrum disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment referrals for learning disabilities
- Diagnosis and medical treatment for Attention Deficit Disorder/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Diagnosis and treatment for tics and habit disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment planning for developmental delays, cerebral palsy, and mental retardation
- Diagnosis and treatment recommendations for a range of developmental and behavioral problems complicating pediatric chronic illness
- Diagnosis and treatment for regulatory disorders, including sleep problems, feeding problems, discipline issues, enuresis, and encopresis
Dr. Danis’ mission is to help children achieve their full potential physically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually. As a Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrician, Dr. Danis understands that a child’s unique development and consequent behavior happens mostly in the context of the family, yet school and community are important too. Dr. Danis works with the children in her practice, their families, schools and other resources in the community to produce the best possible future for each child in her practice.